Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HAHAHAHAHA

So the gist of this story is that the NAACP is going to meet to discuss whether or not to boycott a Nascar race in Florida because of the presence of the Confederate flag.

NAACP Branch Readies for Confederate Flag Fight

Let me get this straight. Angry black Americans are going to meet to decide whether or not to boycott a social/sporting event that is rarely attended by anyone other than rednecks and race fans who are 9 time out of 10 of the very white (and usually incredibly sun-burned) persuasion. Excuse me while I go roll with laughter because this is just ridiculous.

Seriously, kids, live and let live. Who cares if someone else flies a Confederate flag? It's their own choice to still think the Civil War rages on. On another note, go read Larry Elder's book The Ten Things You Can't Say in America. One of his first chapters is about how Black American racism is worse than that of White Americans and he makes some seriously convincing points. Now, I'm not saying the NAACP is an antiquated over-zealous group of hate-mongers who are intent on keeping themselves and their race "down" in order to maintain the benefits but I kind of think the NAACP is an antiquated over-zealous group of hate-mongers who are intent on keeping themselves and their race "down" in order to maintain the benefits.

I personally don't care what flag you fly, what group you join, what candidate you support, or what sporting event you attend... just don't mess with mine. I'll keep my W stickers around for as long as I feel like it, I'll continue to be a member of the National Libertarian Party, and I'll hopefully get to go to the 500 next year. In the mean time, do whatever you feel like. Live and let live... I really don't see how that's so hard. In short, Brian France CEO of Nascar said it best, "It's not a flag [the Confederate flag] that I look at with anything favorable, that's for sure," France told CBS in 2005. "I can't tell people what flag to fly. I can tell you the flag we get behind — it's the American flag." Amen, Mr. France.

___________________________________

In Other News, I had the best Memorial Day weekend. We had a pretty crammed social calendar which was a very nice, though slightly unexpected change. Being social is a great reminder of how much more I like my amazing significant other than I do other people. I haven't talked to the familia in probably a week and it's getting difficult. Audrey, if you're reading this and you don't immediately email me the link to refill the phone card I may be forced to call Janet Reno and tell her never to say hi to you again... and also to punch you in the face. Nothing big happening in the near future... but at the end of June my favorite Hawaiian cousin is coming to visit! Can't wait :)

No comments: