Thursday, May 26, 2011

Belly Laugh of the Day

 I received an e-mail notification from my blog when I signed on about ten minutes ago.  It reads as follows:
 _______________

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "A Very Dirty Word.":

Lady, I mean this in the most insulting and patronizing way possible: leave your backwards suburb sometime. You sound like a sheltered hack with a myopic worldview.



Posted by Anonymous to I Don't Like Men Who Own Cats. at May 26, 2011 11:49 AM 


_______________ 

First, I'd like to say... thank you for your impeccable grammar.  It is the worst when the people attempting to insult you have awful grammar so I'd like to express my sincere appreciation.


Secondly, I don't live in a suburb. Nor, for that matter, have I ever really lived in a suburb.  I'm actually quite well traveled and  currently live in what might be called the anti-thesis of a suburb.

Thirdly,  your criticism is exactly what I am constantly railing against.  Nothing factual, nothing objective, simply a name-calling, knee-jerk reaction to an idea that is differing from your own.  And that, my anonymous friend, merely proves my point.   


Finally, you have provided me with a much needed laugh for the day.  I would like to personally invite you back to 'argue' further with me because I actually appreciate opposing view points and a good, blood-pumping discussion is the whole reason I do this.  However, you're a coward who decided to comment anonymously so my only hope is that you come back hoping to see my equally immature response to your comment and, subsequently, this post infuriates you to the point of another wonderfully literate comment.

In the words of my generation... 
 

No comments: