Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008's Resolutions

I figured, it being the 9th of January that I should develop a few New Year's Resolutions. Maybe the ones this year will go better than last years. As a refresher... here's last years list.

1 - Be less selfish.

Someone told me once i'm a self-centered little princess and now, i'm determined to be the opposite.

2 - Be more conscientous of what is going on.

I have a habit of not paying attention sometimes and then I screw things up, or not understanding.

3 - Make it to El Paso at least once this year.

Gracious, i hate being homesick.

4 - Find more time for my hobbies.

I've got lots of great ones... I just never pick them up.

The reason that there are four of them is because if I only have one then I've got more of a chance of breaking it. However, with four I've got a higher chance of actually succeeding in one way or another.

And here's this years....

1 - Be less selfish.

Someone told me once i'm a self-centered little princess and now, i'm determined to be the opposite.

2 - Make time for the things and people you love.

I make way too much time for things and people I really couldn't care less about.

3 - Make up for the road trips you missed last year.

Life's short...spend your savings on a trip, otherwise you might never get to use it.

4 - Be happier alone.

I'm going to be moving away from my college friends in about six months, I need to start learning to be happy by myself. Right now... I'm not so good at that... at all.

And that, folks, is the list. Happy (belated) New Year. I hope your Resolutions work out wonderfully. Also, if you missed the last blog "Legally & Transparently" go read it. Not because it's an amazing piece of writing, but because it's something I believe passionately in and think everyone ought to know about.

No comments: